Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T blondi trauma update :)

Update on my blondi .....

Well , she is roaming her new home a lot , tending to curl the damaged leg up on top of her abdomen , but at least there is no leakage now !

Her " bruise " has sort of swelled a little , but this may be due to her abdomen shrinking a little from the leakage . Im stiil wondering what will happen to this damage when she molts , whether it will disappear or worse case scenario , rupture her abdomen :hmm:

She is certainly a lot happier now she is on the coir ! , im very pleased with it so far and looks more natural too .

Here are a few pics ..........

Congrats. She looks like she's feeling pretty good. Nice job on her and good luck.
    Missouri Tarantula Group

Comment

She`s a lot more active than when she arrived , im a lot more hopeful now !

The molt tho is gonna make or break her i think . How the "bruised area " reacts to that we shall have to wait and see . I hope im about to witness it , and assist if necessary !

Comment

Thanks for letting us know Neil. I'm sure she'll be fine and it'd be great if you could keep us informed. She certainly is looking better now, I'm sure she's going to be ok.
        sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Greetings To Neil

Hi Neil,

I've been eagerly reading the thread on your T. Blond, I'm very happy to hear that all seems well now. I've had some bad experience with Royal Mail in the past too, fortunately not in shipping live things as I'm a noobie. I wish all the best and looking forward to seeing more images.

Best Regards

Tomas
          www.tomaswhitehouse.com
          info@tomaswhitehouse.com

Comment

Thanks Tomas , i will do mate !

Comment

if she's more content and active now, it's got to be a good sign...hope all goes well when she moults!
              Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
              -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
              My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Here`s a few new pics of her looking happy in her new home !

The bruise is still a little swollen still

Comment

Hi neil
                  glad to see shes on the mend, good luck with the molt and keep us posted! (her story is better than any holby city script!)

Comment

Neil
                    Fingers crossed the bruise come down, her leg is ok and she come through alive and happy. Try and post pictures afetr the molt.
                    "If you play with fire you'll get burned". Well I keep tarantulas so does that mean I'm going to get bitten even if I'm ultra-super-careful?

Short Answer: Yes (I have)(twice!!)(off a G.Rosea!!)

Comment

I will do , but there is no sign of a molt yet im afraid !

Comment

Until then...........
                        "If you play with fire you'll get burned". Well I keep tarantulas so does that mean I'm going to get bitten even if I'm ultra-super-careful?

Short Answer: Yes (I have)(twice!!)(off a G.Rosea!!)

Comment

Hi

Just a little update on my T blondi :hmm:

Her leg looks terrible , it doesnt seem to be leaking but she has obviously snapped it again and is now resting on top of her abdomen . She is very sluggish and i can touch her with hardly a reaction from her . She does hiss at me but thats all and she never goes into her hide.

Im concerned she is on her way out :no:

Comment

Oh boy that leg looks bad. I'm sorry she doesnt seem to be getting any better Neil. I think she would be better losing that leg.

She is getting the best care you can give her mate. Thats all you can do for now.

I do hope she improves.
                            Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

Hi Mate,
                              Not going the way i'd hoped it would for you.

The leg will probably "fall off" quite soon looking at that, if it does you now have the experience to deal with any leakage.
                              the abdomen is still, to me, a matter of concern. all you can do is hope that it recovers after a moult.
                              I dont know if anyone here has the same opinion but when a Tarantulas in this state it normally enters premoult rather than "coping" as yours is seeming to do.

Can only say best of luck with it Neil
                              Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Working...
                              X