See what you missed last year! click the link for the YouTube video by Amy Freeman (BTS committee) and from YouTube channel Petrock’n’ roll
BOOK NOW click the image!
We are back with at – The Village Hotel Bristol
March 2nd 2024
Friday 1st March: 7.30 pm, pre lectures evening get-together *dinner, drinks, meet in the hotel bar and grill (* if staying on the 2 night package! ) pre- order your Friday Meal! you will be sent the menu
Saturday March 2nd: 12 noon, BTS Lectures
NEW VENUE: The Village Hotel, Filton, Bristol.
Here the links to reserve your rooms, please note this is the hotel only and your event ticket to be booked via our online store here
PLEASE NOTE: if you require a twin or single room book as a double also add this info in the comments box and inform Kim she will update the information to twin. It’s all the same costs for all rooms. PAYMENT IS AT CHECK OUT this is a selection box at the top of the booking page to change to two adults.
Date: Saturday March 2024
Ticket price: (per person): Lecture and Dinner: £70.00 (includes online fees and free entry to the BTS Exhibition*)
Live Streaming (all) £30
Lectures only: £40.00 (includes light lunch)
Dinner only for guests: £40
Registration: 11.00 – 11.30am Lectures to start: 12 noon Lectures to finish: 6.30 pm approx Dinner to start: 7.30 pm approx
Lecturers: All timings to be announced and subject to change. There will be a short break between all talks for coffee and tea etc. While we set up the next guest lecturer
Running order: Also see the guest speakers Bios here
- 12.00 noon : Official opener: TBC
- 12.30: Amy Freeman (BTS) “The island of bliss and its blue baboon tarantula:”
- 1.30 Dr Benjamin Kennedy “Title TBC” (leading the field in veterinary care for tarantula and inverts)
- 2:30 Light Lunch: Working lunch sandwich selection, including a small salad and desert. Still and Sparkling Mineral Water
- 3.00 Richard Gallon: Tarantula Tour in Tanzania
- 4.00 Professor Sara Goodacre “Inspired by nature: Making Silks that that are ‘Smarter than a Spider’s’”
- 5.00 TBC
- Lectures finish
7.30 pm Dinner followed by
- TBC Then bar until late (or until you drop).
: MENU: Full menu options click the menu link
If you have any special dietary requirements please inform me at the time of booking.
Staying at the hotel
If you would like to bring guests, who do not wish to attend the lectures but would like to join us for dinner we are happy to accommodate them. The hotel will gladly allow the use of their facilities whilst the lectures are in progress. The cost for this would be £TBC for the dinner only.
Payment details: You will need to book your place and pay by 20th FEB 2024, hotel room payment by yourself on check out.
Book online with the BTS e-store only or via the terminal at the Exhibition
You do not have to a member of the BTS to attend. Under 16’s are welcome but must to properly supervised at all times. All dinner and lecture tickets by advance bookings only. Refunds on cancelled places before 31st January will incur a small admin charge. No refunds can be given after Feb 20th 2024.
NOTE: The selling of tarantulas is strictly forbidden, you may exchange or swap tarantulas. It’s an ideal place to pass on males etc. The use of video equipment during the lectures will be restricted to official use only. Photographs are permitted within reason. Any live tarantulas must not be visible to the public and other hotel guests.
* Free entry to the BTS Exhibition 2024, non transferable non refundable, please wear your wristband to the event or you will be charged on entry. Prices and times are subject to change without prior notice.
Kim Pennell B.T.S. Lectures and Dinner Organiser