We are back with a NEW VENUE – The Village Hotel Bristol
19th March 2022
Friday March 18th: 7.30 pm, pre lectures evening get-together *dinner, drinks, meet in the hotel bar and grill (* if staying on the 2 night package! ) pre- order your Friday Meal! you will be sent the menu
Saturday 19th March 2022: 12 noon, BTS Lectures
NEW VENUE: The Village Hotel, Filton, Bristol.
Date: Saturday March 19th 2022
Ticket price: (per person): Lecture and Dinner: £70.00 (includes online fees and free entry to the BTS Exhibition*)
Live Streaming (International members only) £20 (non members £25)
Lectures only: £50.00 (includes light lunch)
Dinner only for guests: £30
Registration: 11.00 – 11.30am Lectures to start: 12 noon Lectures to finish: 6.30 pm approx Dinner to start: 7.30 pm approx
Lecturers: All timings to be announced and subject to change. There will be a short break between all talks for coffee and tea etc. While we set up the next guest lecturer
12.00 noon : Official opener
- 12.30: Mr. Adam Crowler Presenting the conclusions to the survey hosted by the Royal Veterinary College. His project involved establishing more about the tarantula keeping community, finding out more about the human-animal bond for tarantulas and finding out more about the health issues.
- 1.30: Ray Gabriel –“who’s been sleeping in my bed” Tarantula burrows and who else lives in them
- 2:30 Light Lunch: NEW for 2022! A light snack lunch to be supplied. Enjoy
- 3.00 Martin Nicholas Spiders in Myth and Legend
- 4.00: Dr Saoirse Foley: Department of Biological Sciences, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, USA -title to follow (Saoirse is hoping to presenting live at the lectures, but of course subject to travel restrictions)
Lecture title:The impact of hobbyist contributions in the tarantula research landscape
- 5.30: Dr Brent E. Hendrixson – Biology Professor and Arachnologist at Millsaps College USA, will be presenting more information to the Sky Island tarantulas. This is a live stream presentation
6.30pm: Lectures finish
7.30 pm Dinner followed by
- Andrew M Smith
Poecilotheria – India’s Tiger Spiders & H. R. P. Carter – The Railway Engineer Who Found Them.
- Then bar until late (or until you drop).
: MENU: Awaiting menu options from venue
If you have any special dietary requirements please inform me at the time of booking.
Staying at the hotel
If you would like to bring guests, who do not wish to attend the lectures but would like to join us for dinner we are happy to accommodate them. The hotel will gladly allow the use of their facilities whilst the lectures are in progress. The cost for this would be £TBC for the dinner only.
Payment details: You will need to book your place by 20th February 2022 and payment must be received no later than 20th Feb 2022.
Book online with the BTS e-store. Cheques must be received by February 1st 2022
You do not have to a member of the BTS to attend. Under 16’s are welcome but must to properly supervised at all times. All dinner and lecture tickets by advance bookings only. Refunds on cancelled places before 31st January will incur a small admin charge. No refunds can be given after 20th February 2022.
NOTE: The selling of tarantulas is strictly forbidden, you may exchange or swap tarantulas. It’s an ideal place to pass on males etc. The use of video equipment during the lectures will be restricted to official use only. Photographs are permitted within reason. Any live tarantulas must not be visible to the public and other hotel guests.
* Free entry to the BTS Exhibition 2022, non transferable non refundable, please wear your wristband to the event or you will be charged on entry. Prices and times are subject to change without prior notice.
Kim Pennell B.T.S. Lectures and Dinner Organiser